Wildlife and conservation enthusiasts,
The Utah Chukar & Wildlife Foundation (UCWF) was created in February of 2004. The UCWF is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization focused on improving chukar and other upland game populations, habitat, and hunting on Utah's public lands.
The UCWF is an active participant in wildlife legislature, Utah's upland game laws, the Utah Upland Advisory Council, volunteer projects, fund raising, guzzler and water development, wildlife education, habitat improvement, and more.
We are making a difference and with sustained support we will continue to make a difference for upland game in Utah. Become a member today!
I hope your season is going well, I had almost forgotten what it was like to deal with snow in the winter.
It’s Banquet time again. We truly hope most of you will support us again at our annual banquet. Please find the banquet order form in this issue and also at our website utahchukars.org (banquet options should be up by Jan. 15). For those of you who help us each year and donate, we hope you will find yourself in a position to help again this year. Please contact Alan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Travis at email@example.com or 801-360-6553.
Some Foundation Highlights from this year include:
- Supporting and volunteering with the continued chukar transplant study
- Two guzzler projects in the central region, one partnering with the BLM and UDWR in a larger three phase project.
- We provided input and support in a Southeastern region guzzler project
- Supporting and volunteering with two youth fairs
- Supporting sage grouse initiative biologists
- Continuing sage grouse and other grouse data collecting projects
- Partnering in a new forest grouse study
- Volunteering and providing input/feedback on many upland projects in the state
We are a strong voice and partner for upland game and upland sportsmen/women in the state. Your support at our annual banquet provides the necessary funding to support these upland projects on Utah’s public lands. Working as a partner with the UDWR and other agencies we make your money stretch much further than if we tried to do everything on our own. Thanks as always for your support!
As a result of our banquet survey, feedback, and growing banquet attendance, this year’s annual banquet will be held at the Sheraton in downtown SLC on Feb. 27. This will hopefully be a welcome change and we are excited for the increased participation and support!
For more up-to-date information and lots of pictures, visit our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/UtahChukarFoundation
For the past 10 years, we have been holding our annual banquet and fundraiser at the Doubletree Hilton by the airport. It has been a great location and we have enjoyed working with their staff to provide a quality dinner and fundraising experience. We generally clear a little over $15,000 a year at the banquet because of our dedicated members and our great sponsors.
We had 62 individuals who submitted surveys and we appreciate those who provided your opinions. What you indicated is that the UCWF banquet is being done well, but it is time to find a larger venue so that more of you can attend and we can have a little more room to move about. We have decided to move the Sheraton Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City for next year's event. The Sheraton will be able to accommodate up to 600 attendees so we have lots of room to expand. The banquet will again be held on the last weekend of February and we hope to see you all there.
Thanks to all who participated in the survey.
• To become a powerful united voice for Utah’s upland hunters.
• To generate funding for Utah’s upland game that will stay in Utah.
• To provide information and man-power for upland projects.
• To influence legislation.
• To improve and utilize wildlife habitat.
• To preserve/enhance upland hunting for the future.
• To increase guzzlers and water developments in Utah (the second driest state in the U.S.)
By joining the Utah Chukar & Wildlife Foundation you become part of a local, powerful organization geared toward conserving Utah’s chukars and other upland game on public lands.
YOU take a step towards ensuring quality upland hunting in Utah now and for future generations. All funds and efforts will stay in Utah and will be used to benefit upland game. Become part of our team and preserve the upland experience. And remember, ONE PERSON CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!