Wildlife and conservation enthusiasts,
The Utah Chukar & Wildlife Foundation (UCWF) was created in February of 2004. The UCWF is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization focused on improving chukar and other upland game populations, habitat, and hunting on Utah's public lands.
The UCWF is an active participant in wildlife legislature, Utah's upland game laws, the Utah Upland Advisory Council, volunteer projects, fund raising, guzzler and water development, wildlife education, habitat improvement, and more.
We are making a difference and with sustained support we will continue to make a difference for upland game in Utah. Become a member today!
It’s Banquet time again. We truly hope most of you will support us again at our annual banquet. Please visit the banquet page to order on-line or call 801.360.6553. Tickets purchased will be available at the front entrance (Will Call Style).
Some Foundation Highlights from this year include:
- Supporting and volunteering with the continued chukar transplant study.
- Installing and repairing/replacing guzzlers.
- Supporting and volunteering with the new youth hunter ed plus program (this program gives students who complete hunters ed a chance to receive shotgun coaching, free trap shooting with shells, and a free preserve hunt)
- Supporting sage grouse initiative biologist.
- Partnering with a sage grouse reflector project.
- Working on some new guzzler projects and riparian protection projects that should be implemented this year.
- Volunteering and providing input/feedback on many upland projects in the state.
We are a strong voice and partner for upland game and upland sportsmen/women in the state. Your support at our annual banquet provides the necessary funding to support these upland projects on Utah’s public lands.
• To become a powerful united voice for Utah’s upland hunters.
• To generate funding for Utah’s upland game that will stay in Utah.
• To provide information and man-power for upland projects.
• To influence legislation.
• To improve and utilize wildlife habitat.
• To preserve/enhance upland hunting for the future.
• To increase guzzlers and water developments in Utah (the second driest state in the U.S.)
By joining the Utah Chukar & Wildlife Foundation you become part of a local, powerful organization geared toward conserving Utah’s chukars and other upland game on public lands.
YOU take a step towards ensuring quality upland hunting in Utah now and for future generations. All funds and efforts will stay in Utah and will be used to benefit upland game. Become part of our team and preserve the upland experience. And remember, ONE PERSON CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!